Burgundy Smokey Eye Look

   Let's be real, who doesn't love a good smokey eye? I for one am obsessed with eye makeup, and am constantly trying out new looks. My go to look usually consists of berries, oranges, reds, and browns, and today I am going to walk you through my favorite go to eye makeup look - which can be achieved with any color palette. (All products used will be linked below).

   Today I decided to work out of my Jaclyn Hill palette (I recently got this and have been dying to use it).

   All of the brushes used are by Morphe, and the one I used to start off with is a bit of a flatter brush. 

                         
   Using this brush I grabbed the tan matte color shown above, and covered my entire lid with it.


    Using the same brush I picked up this matte red / brown shade and covered the outer half of my eyelid with it, and lightly blended it into the previous shade.

   
   Next I grabbed my blending brush and picked up the maroon shade shown above. I blended this into my crease and over the outer corner of my eyelid.
   Still using my blending brush, I grabbed this dark mauve shade and used it to darken my crease and add more dimension to the look.
  
   My absolute favorite thing to add to any look is always a light shimmer on the inner corner of my eye. I used this thin angled brush, and dipped it into some water before grabbing my shadow to help make it a bit more pigmented. (Dipping your brush in water works for bringing out more pigment in any shade!) I applied this to the inner corner of my eye and blended it over my lid, stopping at about 1/4 of the way.
   
   I completed this look by throwing on some of my favorites at the moment! The liner that I used is the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner which works amazing, and the mascara that I used is the They're Real! mascara by Benefit.



And here is the final look! I do this same process for whatever color palette I'm working with with. It's super simple and my go to routine for a quick eye makeup look!







Morphe Brushes - I actually couldn't find these, I'm guessing they were limited edition.







No comments:

Powered by Blogger.